Green Power Prix-View features extensive, weekend-long displays of alternative energy vehicles and renewable energy sources, water and energy conservation, green building and healthy lifestyles – for inside and outside the home – in the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center.
The exhibit portion of Green Power Prix-View will cover at least 30,000 sq. ft of Convention Center space within the Lifestyle Expo.
Other ongoing Green inititatives in and around the Grand Prix:
- The Long Beach Convention Center, location of the Lifestyle Expo, generates more than 725 kilowatts of power each day from solar panels on its roof; more than 25% of the building’s daily energy requirements.
- Corvette Racing is powered by cellulosic E85 Ethanol (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline), a high-octane, renewable alternative fuel made from waste wood and switchgrass. Corvette Racing won eight consecutive GT1 manufacturers and team championships from 2001-08 and is the perennial favorite to win the highly competitive GTLM class in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Many thousands of race fans take advantage of Metrolink and the Metro Blue Line, which both provide fast, convenient service right to the gates of the Grand Prix from virtually anywhere in Southern California.
- Specialized bins around the track will collect recyclable materials such as aluminum cans, plastic and cardboard.
- In conjunction with Safety-Kleen, the Grand Prix recycles oil and petroleum waste from the race cars.